Friday, June 18, 2010

A Day of Chillaxin

Not much to report today. We got the day off of training but had to attend new staff orientation from 8:30 to 3 to learn about policies, safety, and customer service. Then I practiced with some friends for the worship service on Sunday night. It was really fun to get to sing again. I didn't realize how much I missed singing with the worship team at church during the summer. Then I spent a few hours on the beach talking and laughing with some of my good friends here. We stayed out until the sunset even though we were freezing and now we are watching Sleepless in Seattle! It's been great to have some time with just girls today and have some good conversations.

During orientation we made some personal goals of what we hope to accomplish this summer. Here are some of mine plus a few extra not-so-serious ones.
~re-establish a daily quiet time. At college it was so easy to let that slide and I really want to get back into the habit.
~use less sarcasm, especially when it is used to tease someone and is not encouraging even though they know I'm joking.
~while I'm away from and missing family and friends to grow in my own identity. To figure out who I am and who I want to be and base that identity in Christ. And with that to focus on being content with what He has planned for my life right now and learning to grow in my current situation rather than wanting something else.
~share the love of Jesus with children and see some come to know the Lord and others grow in their understanding
~gain a good understanding of 4-5th graders to know better if I would like to teach those grades for student teaching and career
~get a nice tan
~read most of the books on my list
~blog every day
~run to Haystack and back (about 2 miles) 6 days a week

Prayer Requests--my dad went to the ER today for a kidney stone and is home now but is still in a lot of pain. He will wait a couple of days to see if something needs to be done.
--for the last few days of training and preparation.

1 comment: