Some of you may remember that back in October I posted about an Entryway Table project that Nate and I started. You can read Part 1 here.
Well, it took us longer than we anticipated to get to Part 2, but two weekends ago we were finally able to do it (and two weeks later I finally have time to blog about it, sheesh!)
I'm not sure I can really describe to you what we did in this segment, or how we put it all together. Like I mentioned in Part 1, this was a table we got from his grandma when she moved it. It was built by someone in the family and so we were attempting to re-configure it. We had some road-bumps and complications (breaking a drill and losing a drill press key) but we were able to get 'er done.
First we attached the legs back onto the top using the original hardware.
And then I stopped taking pictures because well, how do you take pictures of breaking a drill and searching for a lost key. And then by the time we got back into business, I forgot about my camera (I even left it out in the garage that night, oops!) We attempted to use original bottoms of the legs that we had cut off as little risers under the bottom shelf. However, when we tried to drill up through the center to attach it to the bottom shelf, it broke. And so, we decided to go without risers.
Here is the (almost) finished product. We basically cut the table top in half and re-attached one half as a bottom shelf under the legs. Seems simple, but it took so much longer and more work than it sounds like haha. Looks kinda cheesy, I know, but for the time being while we live in this rental, I am okay with free, re-built, no-risers entryway table. I am planning to paint it by the way (that will be Part 3...and I bought the paint yesterday!)
Here it is put to use and spruced up!