Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bedtime Surprise

I got home tonight from a weekend with my family. My hubby is gone on a business trip so I went to my parents' house and my brother came home from college too. It was such a great time with the 4 of us all together. Mom made wonderful meals and desserts and we got to spend good time catching up and laughing.

My parents bought a new house and are moving soon. One of reasons I went up to visit was to go through all the boxes of my childhood stuff out in their shop. When they moved the last time I was away at college so everything just got put into boxes without being sorted through at all. Looking through everything was fun to remember the good times of my childhood. I threw a lot away, put a lot in the Goodwill pile, but then kept lots too. I kept my doll house, Barbies, dolls, and furniture. I will use all those for my daughter (hopefully) someday.

My dad and brother did a lot of heavy furniture moving. One of the items they moved was our piano...to my house! I don't play much anymore but I'm still excited to have it. I'm also excited because it's another flat-topped surface with decor possibilities. Pictures to come, and ideas welcome!


Also while I was up there, I worked on a project I have been planning for a long time. It was so much fun and great success! Come back later this week for the story and pictures of what I did.

For now though, it is time for me to get some sleep! This girl has been up late all weekend and she has to be at district-wide collaboration at 7:45 am :S

WOAH! I climbed into bed. And I couldn't get in. Maybe the sheets are just stuck. (Kicking feet down and they won't go anywhere. Whattttt????? My bed is short-sheeted. But how? No one has been at my house all weekend. Oh wait! My dad and brother when they moved the piano. HAHA. I called both of them to let them know their joke had worked.

Even when I'm not with them anymore, my family still makes me smile and shows me they love me!

2 comments:

  1. Great weekend with the family. Michael and I couldn't resist a little prank. Glad it made you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having the family time this weekend!! Too funny on the short sheeting - those guys...
    <3

    ReplyDelete