Monday, August 6, 2012

A Very Rare Occurrence


 That's right...it says 5:45 AM. And I took that photo. And no, it is not Photoshopped. I actually got up that early today. My husband gets up at 5:30 for work. Usually I hear his alarm, feel his "good morning" kiss and then roll over and sleep until 9:30 or 10. But today, I was just awake. Wide awake with no falling asleep again. So I did what any logical person would do and got up!

Here is the view from our living room at 5:45 in the morning. We live on a golf course (but as you can tell from the condition of our yard it's not what you normally think when someone says they live on a golf course. This is not a posh, fancy kinda golf course and neither is our yard/house). Anyways...I learned that there are people up working at this time (YUCK!). You can see in the picture that someone is out mowing the fairway and green.


Since I had SO much of my day before me and didn't already feel behind schedule (a very common occurrence when I wake up at 10) I started my morning off right with a little devotion.

I'm not making any resolutions or promises or goals to get up this time everyday...I mean let's not be ridiculous here. BUT...it certainly did surprise my husband and I got to eat breakfast with him. So maybe this very rare occurrence will become a slightly rare occurrence. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment