Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Weekend Getaway

Two weeks ago was my spring break. The first part of the week I worked on my lesson plans for 3rd and 4th grade math. I worked a lot. I worked more than I had imagined for my spring break. But...all this work paid off because I knew that at the end of the week I got to escape from it all and spend a few days with my husband on a mini vacation! We found a Groupon for a B&B that was about 7 hours away. We decided to road trip! We stopped so I could get Starbucks of course! :)


 On the way to our B&B we took the scenic route and got to see several fun sights. We found the house his grandparents lived in when he was a little kid. We stopped at a hot springs for an hour. Here is the river and garden view from the springs.


A 300 foot cliff and one of the three bridges that spans it.
 

We made a quick stop at the state schools to document that we had been there.



Our destination

 Isn't it so adorable?!?!

Enjoying our gourmet breakfast.

Yum!



After breakfast, we explored the beautiful property.





 I just love the blooming cherry trees, green shutters, and lantern!

 Hooray for porch swings


Coolest tree ever. I think it's just begging for an awesome tree house.

Guaranteed the kids who used to live in this house climbed the tree all the time!


 Backyard


Make a wish




I think this is a Hobbit house


The carriage house



The Parlor


The Dining Room where we enjoyed delicious gourmet breakfasts.


Our bedroom


The old school across the street. Check out the slide fire-escape!

The school is now a huge antique mall.


Our Groupon included a winery tour in a limo!

Liking the luxury :)


Beautiful country!



On the second day, after breakfast and checking out, we headed to the nearby Space and Aviation Museum! It was really cool.

The Spruce Goose!


Based on the description, we are pretty sure that this is the
German plane that his grandpa shot down in WWII

 A piece of the Berlin Wall...it came down the day I was born.

 Too many buttons, levers, and gauges, no thank you!

Trying to land a space shuttle...maybe he should stick to his current job ;)


 Such a fun getaway with my man! The very thing I needed 
before heading back to work for the rest of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Great journal, great pics. Thanks for sharing.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and visited some lovely places. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not yet read your profile but when I read this blog post and saw the pictures of the state schools I knew you lived in the Northwest or Northern California based on the 7 hour drive. I live in Oregon and it was nice to see your beautiful pictures and find out about the great bed and breakfast. Also the Starbucks coffee kind of gave it away as I find that people in other parts of the country are not as excited about Starbucks as we are here.

    ReplyDelete