Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Dream Living Room

My Dream Living Room

Isn't it beautiful???

Oh I am SO in love with it. Lately, my super white walls and lack of fun furniture and decor has really been bugging me, especially with the living room. (And yes I hear you saying, "we don't even know what your living room looks like because you STILL haven't posted the photo tour. Oops. It still is gonna happen!)

I expressed this angst to my mom this weekend and started describing what I wanted to her. Then I got on Pinterest and showed her some of my inspiration.  She suggested I try making a design with Polyvore. I've seen these inspiration boards all over Pinterest, but had never tried it myself. So I quickly created an account and less than 10 minutes later it was done! AND...I was even able to find the exact curtains and rug I want from World Market!  The sofa and coffee table are also from World Market. However, I am not totally sold on that particular couch. I know I want a small light gray sectional. As for the coffee table, I want to make one with my hubby that looks VERY much like that one. My mom and I have plans to paint an existing dresser I have with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for our media center in a light yellow color! I also would LOVE to find a rustic, plank wall clock and a cute yellow lamp like that. 

Ooooo, I'm just bubbling with excitement! I currently have the curtains on hold in a city an hour away so I can pick up this weekend. We plan to paint the dresser in a couple weekends and hubby and I have started searching for gray couches! This could become a reality sooner than I thought! This picture just makes me so happy!

Any advice for decorating an entire "blank" room? Any advice for picking/buying a couch? I am completely new at all this so any advice with interior design would be great! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great colours and design. When it comes to picking a couch my advice is to test drive them as much as you can. Sit on them loads in the store. Decide how you will use them at home and make sure you try them out like that. If you are going to be enjoying movie time or book time then make sure it is comfortable when you sit on it how you would normally sit on it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this come together!!! <3

    ReplyDelete